Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend recap.

Well, it's been an up and down weekend. I got a call on Saturday when we were at the Science Center - my Mom wanted to let me know that my 43-year old cousin had a heart attack and was not expected to make it. They did several tests over the weekend - he was without oxygen for about 30 minutes before his wife found him, and an EEG showed no brain activity. He passed away late last night, with his wife by his side. Still waiting to hear about funeral arrangements. Home is 10 hours away, so I don't know if I'll be able to go.

I spent the weekend working on homework, and writing. I'm getting closer to my goals.

I spent about 20 minutes on article promotion. I usually make about $1/day in page views on one site that I write for (I recycle the articles I use on another site, so it's basically free money). I submitted one of my articles from that site to Digg and Reddit on Saturday night, and went to bed. I woke up the next morning, and had accumulated $7.81 in page views! So, when they tell you to write quality SEO articles, and promote them to up your page views, they aren't lying.

I wrote eight articles over the weekend, for three sites. My goal for the weekend was higher, but I obviously wasn't in the mood to write. Today, I have to finish up a 3-7 page paper before 3:30, for class at 4:30. After I get home from class, I need to get a few more articles submitted. The only negative side about being your own boss is the lack of paid leave if you need to go home for a funeral. Tomorrow will determine if I can go home or not - if I don't get a lot of work done, I'll be staying here.

Back to the grindstone.